lunes, 30 de octubre de 2006

About CodeCamp, Robot Fights and meeting nice people

Hi there.

It has passed a long time since my previous (and first) post. Maybe I didn't have anything to say. Maybe didn't have time. I don't know.

The thing is last weekend I was at the CodeCamp at El Escorial, Madrid. Try to imagine: 200 techies with their laptops (75 of which were MVP), 2 days, 8 conferences. Does the idea frighten you?. Well, I was there, too.

And not only I was there, but I had to do (with a workmate) one of the conferences. One about speech technologies in Windows Vista. Last 2 weeks have been studying, looking for information, coding. And finally, there we were.

The conference wasn't without problems. However, I think we did our best to explain what we were trying to explain. We had a good time, and we got some laughs and applauses.

Later, at the end of the day, we had a barbecue and I had the chance to speak with some people I barely knew. And then we went to some party someone was having. From then till the end of the day, my memories become fuzzy. Blame it on the beer.

Next day, there were still 2 conferences remaining, and then a Robot fight. 2 randomly chosen people had to drive a robot (Lego Mindstorm) with their voices, and push the opponent out of a circle. It was funny.

And then CodeCamp was over. But I had a wonderful time and met very nice people.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio